Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Point Sprite Rendering

The past week I managed to integrate my fluid simulation from CIS565 into a custom renderer which I am writing for this project. This custom renderer will house all of the required OpenGL calls and functions to render the fluid simulation.

So far I have completed being able to render point sprites and various pieces of information which I need, to a depth texture (also a color texture and a normal texture). The next step is to take the depth texture, perform a Gaussian blur pass (or multiple passes) and compute a normal texture based on the Gaussian blurred pass.

1 comment:

  1. Great video Terry. Why might you need multiple blur passes? If you need a variable-length blur, look into summed area tables (SATs) as we discussed in class.

    ReplyDelete